Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced that its comprehensive wired and wireless software defined networking (SDN) solution has completed qualification with Microsoft Lync, a market leading unified communications platform.
Through its management software and Purview network and application visibility solution, Extreme Networks enables simple, fast and smart deployments of Microsoft Lync for automated Quality of Service (QoS) and comprehensive analytics across wired and wireless infrastructures.
To help organisations, including hospitals, universities and businesses, to gain increased performance from Lync collaboration tools for real-time communication and benefit from data analytics, Extreme Networks has completed the following:
- Integrated advanced analytics from Purview™ network-powered application intelligence solutions with Lync.
- Qualification of Lync with ExtremeXOS® based switches, offering high density Gigabit/10Gigabit connectivity and integration of network policy for security and BYOD.
- Qualified SDN integration through OneFabric® Connect andNetSight® that provides dynamic, adaptive QoS for video and audio applications at scale.
- Advanced communications in the mobile world by completing the Lync qualification of Extreme Networks’ IdentiFi™ Wireless LAN 802.11ac Gigabit Wi-Fi and 802.11n platforms.
- Microsoft Lync Technology Solution Partner (TSP) Program Webpage
- Case study: City of Bellevue
- Extreme Networks is delivering the benefits of its SDN platform to Microsoft Lync environments, offering its channel partners and end-users with robust network solutions to enhance Unified Communications. Extreme Networks’ unique SDN solution provides new capabilities to overcome traditionally complex tasks, such as delivering QoS to Lync endpoints. As part of the Microsoft Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program (UCOIP), Extreme Networks now can offer a network solution for converged services supporting the key aspects of unified communications including VoIP desk phone, softphones, instant messaging and video collaboration.
Pascal Menezes, Principal Program Manager, Microsoft Lync
“Every day, organisations are improving collaboration and increasing productivity by leveraging Unified Communications. Through integrating analytics, wireless and QoS, Extreme Networks is helping customers obtain high quality user experiences and deep insights into how users, applications and devices are being leveraged.”
Markus Nispel, Vice President of Solutions Architecture and Innovation, Extreme Networks
“Engaging with leading-edge technology providers to offer effective network solutions is a key priority for Extreme Networks. By working with Microsoft Lync to enhance the delivery of Unified Communications over the network, we are able to reduce complexity, ease deployments and increase productivity. Extreme Networks is unique in providing the combination of QoS and analytics with our qualified solution. Customers and authorised resellers have a strong value proposition in Microsoft Lync as organisations refresh their communication infrastructures.”