Network Readiness Assesment
Services for Today’s Environment
Dealing with today’s ever-changing network requirements is a difficult challenge. As you upgrade your traditional PBXs to unified communications solutions, adopt SIP technologies, and add applications, your network must cope with new levels of traffic and utilization. Transitioning from simple signalling and call routing to carrying actual call data and other communications is a significant change.
Your network needs to be prepared for the transition in order to maintain peak performance and deliver solution benefits. Issues arising after cutover can result in network downtime and cost up to five times more to resolve than if they had been detected and resolved prior to implementation.
The mission-critical nature of your network means you must minimise risk as much as possible to avoid a potential dip in productivity.
Generation-e has the expertise required to deal with complex networks with multi-vendor solutions and devices. Following best practices, our engineers help ensure a successful implementation and the continued performance of your network.
Generation-e Network Readiness Assessment validates whether your network infrastructure is prepared for the demands of a new UC solution, minimizing risk and optimizing your deployment. Generation-e offers a complete package that addresses key aspects of network readiness:
- Network Capacity. Our engineers test the volume of traffic your network is able to handle, and as part of the process, identify any inefficiencies. They then have the information needed to start troubleshooting right way and maximise capacity.
- Network Quality of Service. The quality of voice communications is measured as the new solution is simulated in your existing environment, and our consultants recommend how you can improve quality levels if they do not meet your needs or expectations. With direct testing of your network’s ability to meet the requirements of your new solution, you can be confident that the solution is able to reach peak performance within your environment.
Our expert engineers will identify and recommend changes to address potential pitfalls and avoid costly post-implementation issues that stem from an unprepared network. The process also gives the deployment team a clear understanding of your prospective environment.
You’ve evaluated the options and decided a new unified communications solution will help you best take advantage of the latest technology benefits. Now in order to maximise the performance of your new solution, your network must be able to deliver to teh needs of your service requirements.
Is your network ready for an optimal deployment?
Generation-e Network Readiness Assessment answers this question by simulating the traffic demands the new solution will impose on your network. A critical step to prepare your network for the deployment, Generation-e Network Readiness Assessment helps you proactively resolve potential issues for a smooth implementation.
Network Readiness Assessment Offer
Generation-e specialists can help prepare your network for a Contact Centre, Unified Communications, VoIP, Video, or Data implementation. Leveraging internally developed Generation-e toolsets and proven best practices, a qualified engineer will provide:
Reliable network consultancy. The specialist will review your current network configuration and consult with you to gain an understanding of your network objectives. We will discuss quality of service (QoS) indicators required for successful execution and define network requirements to support your new solution. Issues around network security, interoperability, and design are also considered to provide you an expert point of view that can help optimise your network deployment.
Network validation. Specialists evaluate your network capacity by simulating the volume of traffic that will be required to handle the new solution. Network testing is conducted between selected endpoints on your existing network at different times of day, revealing performance under varying conditions.
Key factors related to quality voice communications are measured, including:
- Mean Opinion Score (MOS)
- One-way delay
- Percentage of packet loss
- Jitter and latency
In addition, WAN bandwidth is tested to help determine whether the QoS provision you have purchased is being delivered. After testing, we highlight any deviations from minimum requirements for acceptable quality and help determine the root causes of these network issues. For example, our tools can pinpoint problem areas by detecting the exact path voice packets travel across your network.
Written Report. Our findings and analysis from the assessment are documented in a comprehensive report, including:
- Outline of network requirements, e.g. end-to-end QoS configuration, bandwidth utilization
- Results of traffic simulation, e.g. maximum simultaneous IP calls based on MOS and unsuccessful call path
- Impact of key performance indicators and QoS on voice quality and end user
- Recommended network design and configuration changes for consideration and implementation prior to deployment of new technology
Successfully implement your new unified communications solution and minimise time to benefit with a Network
Readiness Assessment. By preparing your network to handle the new requirements, you can optimise your deployment and enable your solution to operate at peak performance.
- Optimise your network and resolve inefficiencies
- Avoid costly, time consuming post-implementation issues
- Maximise solution benefits and network performance